You will get more information about the first project later this week. It will be a large montage that you will piece together using either Photoshop or Gimp software. In preparation for this project, you will need to gather around 25-50 high resolution source images, organized by at least 5 topic/content areas of your choosing. You will not be required to use all of these images for your project.
Tuesday, February 3rd, blog posts by 8am.
- Image Research- Post one image from each category/topic you chose and post it to your blog. Bring all of your images to class, we will be discussing them, and you will begin work on your projects.
- Chapters 8+9: Photoshop (Freeware: the first 2 Gimp exercises)
DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
- This assignment’s technical requirements mean that you have to use the highest quality images you can find.
- The content of this assignment will be based on the images you pull online. Challenge yourself in your searches- and if you can’t find an image of something you want to use, consider how you can make an images from other images.
- The concept of this assignment is Looking/Seeing…whatever that may imply for you. (more details next week)
This website will be your primary source for getting information about our class this semester. Please take some time to review the syllabus, Visual Voices schedule, project statement and critique pages on this website.
We will be going over the syllabus on the first day of class. Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. I can usually get back to students in a few hours.
ASSIGNMENTS DUE TUESDAY JANUARY 27TH
1. CREATE A WORDPRESS BLOG AND REVIEW TERMINOLOGY
You will be using a blog to post assignments, reactions to readings and other assignments throughout the semester.
Add a link in the sidebar using widgets to your blog (www.computersincreativearts.wordpress.com) and a link to the online textbook (see step #2).
Please make sure you are familiar with the following terms for class next week:
We will also be discussing these in class on Thursday.
2. We will be using the online textbook Digital Foundations by xtine burrough and Michael Mandiberg throughout the semester. All tutorials and chapters can be found at http://wiki.digital-foundations.net. Please complete or read through Chapters 1 + 2 (or Firefox Searching + Inkscape The Metaphor…) and post images of your completed tutorials on your blog. If you need access to a computer lab, there is a lab on the second floor of the Visual Arts building. Information about lab hours is on the syllabus page.